Monday, May 4, 2009

Stanmore Bay





The weather has turned!  It was raining nearly all day on Saturday and it contributed to a very exciting football match I had against Hibiscus Coast.  The match was played at Stanmore Bay which is about half an hour north of where we are.  Fortunately the rain did stop during the second half and I was able to take a couple of photos of the beach next to the pitches.

Hibiscus Coast are top of the league and we are near the bottom so they expected to win.  It was a tight game which meant it got a little feisty with us eventually losing 3-2.  The amazing thing was that I played against two, not one, but two people from Guernsey!  'Geordie' I recognized from playing against St Martins in Guernsey and Micky Smith, I think that was his name, was mentioned to me many times by people before I left.  One of the children who was with us said that he was their cricket coach and I then realised it must be him.  Unbelievable! 

No comments:

Post a Comment