Sunday, April 19, 2009

Glenfield Rovers AFC






Within days of arriving in NZ I was asked to play for football.  Fortunately the lads who asked me to play were part of Glenfield Rovers and I've stayed with them.  Its a fantastic club with a great family atmosphere.  In fact, Alex recently came down with them and put his book down! He climbed some trees with a friend.

We trained at the Onepoto basin which, as you can see, is very close to the Auckland city centre but is great place to train.  I play in the over 35's first team in Division 1 (there are 4) and they train once a week as well as a game every Saturday.  It has been so positive to be in environment where so much football is offered to you and I am looking forward to a new chapter in my football career!

No comments:

Post a Comment