Friday, October 22, 2010

Christchurch








I was very fortunate that my school sent me to a conference in Christchurch called ULearn which was about teaching and learning. Christchurch was lovely although I didn't see a great deal but what I did see looked English/Guernsey with the Victorian Gardens and statues. After enjoying many key notes and sessions the conference set up dinner and dance which was a very fancy affair with lots of lights and carnival dancers. Whilst I was there we had two aftershocks at 4.4 and 4.2. The 4.4 really shock my bedroom at 6.20 am and the movement felt like someone was pulling and pushing the bed really hard. Very surreal. My reactions to save myself need serious work though as it lasted about 20-30 seconds and I didn't move a muscle!

No comments:

Post a Comment